About- Lung cancer, also known as lung carcinoma is a type of cancer that begins in the lungs.
1)Non-small cell lung cancer- It is more common, and usually grows and spreads slowly
a)Adenocarcinoma- It starts growing near the periphery of the lung
b)Squamous cell carcinoma- It starts in one of the larger breathing tubes near the center of the chest.
c)Large cell carcinoma- Starts near the periphery of the lung, grows rapidly.
2)Small cell lung cancer- It is less common and grows rapidly.
- Localized: confined to the lung
- Regional: spread to lymph nodes (or glands) within the chest
- Distant: spread to other parts of the body
- Bone pain
- Chest infection like bronchitis or pneumonia
- Chest pain
- Coughing up blood
- Loss of appetite
- Shortness of breath
- Unintended weight loss
- Weakness and fatigue
- Exposure to asbestos and other carcinogens
- Exposure to secondhand smoke or radon gas
- Family history of lung cancer
- Previous radiation therapy
Specialists to visit
- Cardiothoracic Surgeon
- Palliative Medicine