MBBS, MD (Gen. Med.), MRCP, FRCP, MACE
Language Spoken: English, Hindi, Bengali
Experience: 20 years
Contact No. : 033 4420 2122
From: Apollo Multispeciality Hospitals Kolkata 58, Canal Circular Rd, Kadapara, Phool Bagan, Kankurgachi, Kolkata, West Bengal 700054 , Kolkata, India
Registration No.: WBMC- 50241
Dr. Subir Ray is an Endocrinologist working at Apollo Gleneagles Hospital, Kolkata. He has 17 years of experience in his field. He has done his MBBS and MD (Medicine) from University of Calcutta (1992 and 1998 respectively) and MRCP (UK) from Royal Colleges of Physicians, United Kingdom (2004). Some of the services he provides are Gestational Diabetes Management, Diabetes Management, Thyroid Disorder Treatment and Peyronies Disease. Dr. Ray is currently the Honorary Joint Secretary of Executive Council Member of Integrated Diabetes and Endocrine Academy, Kolkata and member of the Association of Clinical Endocrinologist (USA). He has also been involved as a principle investigator in multiple clinical trials.
Acromegaly Addison's Disease Azoospermia Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia Conn's Syndrome (Primary Aldosteronism) Cushing's Syndrome Diabetes Diabetes Insipidus Diabetic Coma Diabetic Foot Ulcer Diabetic Ketoacidosis Diabetic Neuropathy (Diabetic Nerve Damage) Diabetic Retinopathy (Diabetic Eye Disease) Dwarfism Empty Sella Syndrome Familial Mediterranean Fever Gestational Diabetes (Diabetes During Pregnancy) Glucagonoma Glycosuria (Glucose in the Urine) Graves' Disease Gynecomastia (Man Boobs) Hashimoto's Disease (Chronic Lymphocytic Thyroiditis) Hirsutism (Hypertrichosis) Hunter Syndrome Hyperparathyroidism Hyperthyroidism (Overactive Thyroid) Hypocalcemia Hypogonadism Hypoparathyroidism Hypopituitarism Hypothyroidism (Underactive Thyroid) Iron Overload Klinefelter Syndrome (XXY Syndrome) Metabolic Syndrome Metachromatic Leukodystrophy Neuroendocrine Tumor Pheochromocytoma Pituitary Adenoma (Pituitary Disease) Precocious Puberty Prediabetes Prolactinoma Rickets Sheehan's Syndrome Thyroid Nodule Thyroiditis Type 1 Diabetes (Juvenile Diabetes) Type 2 Diabetes
All Indian Health Insurance Companies are accepted
1. He has almost 20 years of experience after obtaining his post-graduation and he has 10 years of experience as a consultant in the department of diabetes and endocrinology.
2. Dr Subir Ray graduated from R G Kar Medical College, Kolkata, India and did his Post Graduation (MD in General Medicine) from University College of Medicine, Kolkata.
3. After passing MRCP(UK) exam he received sub-speciality training as a specialist registrar in Northern Deanery, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK and obtained specialist certificate in Diabetes and Endocrinology.
4. In 2012, he was conferred a fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians (Edinburgh).
5. He joined the department of Diabetes and Endocrinology of Apollo Gleneagles Hospitals, Kolkata, India in 2007. He has working experience of 10 years as a Consultant and currently he is working there as a Senior Consultant .
6. Apart from Diabetes, his main areas of interest are thyroid, pituitary, adrenal disorders, vitamin D deficiency, bone health and obesity.