Posted on 22nd February, 2022 at 6:24:15 PM
Women who have had a cesarean delivery often wonder if it’s possible to have a vaginal (normal) delivery the next time. You can discuss your health risks and goals with maternity hospital in Vashi.
to see if you can deliver the baby through vaginal birth.
One of the common misconceptions about pregnancy is that you can’t have a vaginal birth after a cesarean. Contrary to popular beliefs, around 60-80 percent of women who try for VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean) have a successful delivery. Whether or not you can have a normal delivery after a c-section also depends on your body, the type of surgery performed earlier, your medical history, and complications in your current delivery.
How to Know if You are a Right Candidate for VBAC?
Chances of those who have had a vaginal birth before are high for people planning another vaginal delivery. Here are other factors to decide if you are a good candidate for VBAC.
● You have had a small incision (a bikini cut)in your previous surgery
● You have had one cesarean
● Your baby is in good health
● You don’t have any medical complications
● You get labor without medical intervention
Vaginal birth can be risky for you if your baby is lying sideways or you are suffering from other complications that make vaginal delivery unsafe for you and your child. Women with preeclampsia, obesity or a history of more than one cesarean are also not good candidates for VBAC.
If your baby is too large for vaginal delivery, your only option is ac-section. At last, if the hospital is not equipped with emergency c-section tools, you need to consider a vaginal birth. That’s because if any medical emergency arises during the vaginal birth, your hospital should have the tools and doctors who specialize in performing cesarean immediately.
Reasons to Consider Vaginal Delivery after Cesarean
● Quick Recovery: Vaginal delivery involves quick recovery. Since there is no incision or blood loss, you can recover faster and get back to your home within a day or two.
● Help you Plan Future Pregnancies: For those planning 2-3 kids, cesarean might not be the most viable option. It prevents scarring and placenta-related problems.
Less Risk of Complications: Cesarean is safe, as long as it is performed by an experienced and the Best Maternity Clinic In Navi Mumbai
● . However, it is comparatively riskier than vaginal birth. Cesarean involves a cut on your lower abdomen (either bikinline or vertical cut). This can leave a permanent scar on your belly.
Besides, there is a risk of infection, damage to other organs, anemia (due to excess blood loss), and other health problems.
Your gynecologist will tell you if you are a suitable candidate for the c-section or not based on your medical history. Note that cesarean is not recommended for women who have had multiple cesareans in the past or those with twins or triplets. Check with your gynecologist for more information about VBAC.
Address: Thanawala’s Maternity Home. 1st Floor, Mahavir Centre, Plot no 77, Sector 17, Vashi, Navi Mumbai 400703